About Clean Coasts
Clean Coasts programme works with communities to help protect and care for of Ireland’s waterways, coastline, seas, ocean and marine life.
Volunteering may be temporarily curtailed due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Clean Coasts have a number of different communities groups operating in the Dublin region. Each month these groups host beach cleaning events.
Volunteers who join the beach clean events will be helping the local community remove litter from the beach area. This is a great way to meet new people and have a positive impact on the environment.
For more information about our work go to cleancoasts.org.
Find a local beach clean group on our map here
Clean Coasts Programme
The Clean Coasts programme through the Clean Coasts volunteering effort aims:
1. To facilitate community guardianship of adopted stretches of coastline.
2. To establish and support Clean Coasts groups who form a network engaged in coastal management, environmental actions, and education activities.
3. To enhance the value of the coastline by reducing the impact of litter and other environmental damage thus restoring the aesthetic appeal and increasing the amenity and economic value to local communities and tourists.
What's required for this position
An interest in the environment.
Wear appropriate clothing and footware for the weather and bring sun screen if needed.
Equipment will be provided.
Interested in Volunteering?
Please complete our online volunteer registration form
- Trades/ Operative/ Manual
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Once Off
Hours required: 2hrs Once off
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Beaches in the Dublin region.
Find your local beach clean group on our map here
Also available in these counties
Dublin - Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown, Dublin
Screening details for this role:
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
No age restrictions
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
You will be making a positive impact on the environment and your local community, while meeting new people and getting some fresh air!