About Sligo (Mowlam) Nursing Home
Sligo Nursing Home is a popular custom-designed nursing home providing high quality, long-term care for older persons. Our focus is "to Enhance the Quality of Life for Our Older Residents".
It has been a very long and difficult period for our residents. We would love to get volunteers to spend quality time with the residents to enhance quality of life.
This may include participating in activities in groups or one to one settings. It may also include providing companionship.
We ask that Covid PPE be used when in the home. Volunteers would need to be fully vaccinated also.
What's required for this position
- Be willing to make a difference in quality of life for the older person
- Be reliable, flexible and committed
- Have a caring nature, be friendly and approachable
- Possess good communication skills including active listening
- Be encouraging and motivating
- Be able to treat people with dignity and respect at all times having empathy and patience
- Be able to maintain boundaries
- Be able to maintain confidentiality
- Be non-judgemental
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
Hours required: 2hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Sligo Nursing Home, Ballytivnan, Sligo
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Garda Vetting
- Application Form
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Improving health and wellbeing for older persons in our community